For my third blog, I will do a Global Test Market panel review and answer the question “Is Global Test Market legit?”.
About Global Test Market
Who can join?
Anyone aged 14 and above can join the site to be members. Again, the site is completely free to join without other requirements. It is open to the residence of the following countries:
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- The Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
- The Philippines
- The United Kingdom
- The United States of America
The best thing about this site is that they accept participants from a much larger base of countries. I truly hope that you qualify.
How do you join?
To register, fill in the registration form online. You can register using your email. After you have submitted your registration, they will send you an account activation email. Go to your email and click on the activation link to confirm your registration. After that, you are registered. Global Test Market also provides you with the option to register via Facebook or Twitter. Some of you may choose this path. It is all up to you. Whatever convenient.
Now come to the critical part, namely to do up your profile. As I mentioned before, this is the most tedious part of any survey site registration. You just have to get done with it as soon as possible so that they will send you relevant surveys and reduce the number of instances where you get disqualified after you have started the surveys. Subsequently, you only need to perform periodic updates on a small portion of it.
For the Global Test Market, you are only allowed to have one account for each email. They have a strict rule against multiple accounts and would not hesitate to terminate you should you be caught doing so. Having said this, they are silent as to whether a household can register for more than one account. They did not mention this in their Terms & Conditions. Anyway, since they have proven to be one of the best survey websites to earn money around, I did not register more than one account so as not jeopardize my registration with them. So it’s best to only maintain one account per household.
If you require assistance, they have a live chat box for you to submit your queries.
How does it work?
Notifications for new surveys are always sent via email. Again, this is a good standard practice as it will ensure that you do not have to regularly log in to the website to check if you have any survey to do. If you notice, the invitation will furnish you with the info on the amount of time the survey is estimated to take (each survey can take between 5 to 30 minutes), the number of Lifepoints that you will get upon successful completion and that should you be screened out (i.e. not qualify), you will still get 10 quarterly sweepstakes entry. Click on the blue button to start.
You earn a certain number of Lifepoints for every survey that you complete. Once you have achieved the minimum sum, you can redeem the points for money or eGiftcards / Giftcards. Please note that the points will expire three years from the date of award or within a year of no account activity, whichever earlier.
Besides the surveys, you can also win prizes in their quarterly promotion award.
Here they will award the 3 most active members of that quarter with one of the following prizes:
- Gold prize – SGD$250.00 (about USD$191) in LifePoints
- Silver prize – SGD$150.00 (about USD$114) in LifePoints
- Bronze prize – SGD$100.00 (about USD$76) in LifePoints
This is actually great as it is based on your effort rather than luck.
How does it pay?
The modes that they pay through and the approximate minimum sum for each mode are appended below:
- PayPal – When I first joined, the minimum points was 600. Now it is 1,200 Lifepoints before you can redeem. 1,200 Lifepoints is the equivalent of SG$10 or about USD$7.50.
- eGiftcards – You will need to gain a minimum of 1,045 Lifepoints which is the equivalent of SGD$10 or about USD$7.50 before you can redeem eGiftcards.
- Giftcards – For this, you will need a minimum of 1,700 Lifepoints which will get you the equivalent of SGD$10 or about USD$7.50.
- Charities – Minimum of 540 Lifepoints or equivalent of SGD$5 or about USD$3.80 would be required. This will be for those who would like to give back something to the world.
From the above, it is very obvious which mode the company trying to drive you towards. Still, I prefer PayPal. To me, it is hard cash to spend any which way I want to.
Weaknesses of the survey site
Still, Global Test Market is not perfect. They have their share of weaknesses too. Apart from the norms of getting occasionally kicked out, they are as follows:
- This can be considered a flaw or strength depending on how you see it. Some of their surveys are long. Very long! I have timed myself doing ones that lasted a whole hour to an hour plus. The only good news here is that you will be paid much higher than usual for these. So you are fairly compensated.
Strengths of this survey site
- You have two opportunities for earning money, namely through surveys and quarterly lucky draws. The latter amount is quite a lot.
- Compared to the other two surveys that I have reviewed, they send the most number of surveys per month. On average, I receive something closed to 20 surveys per month.
- The site also provides you with the option to change the language of the website. This will really be helpful for all of you who prefer doing the survey in your native language. I attach a screen capture of the languages they support below:
Tips and strategies to help you earn
This site sends me quite a lot of surveys weekly. So the only secret that I can offer here is for you to regularly check your inbox (about once a day) and complete all surveys that they offer, i.e. those they do not disqualify you. Because of the high number of surveys that they send you, you should be able to earn much more as compared to other surveys. So this is really a good source of extra income.
Again the strengths that I outlined for Valued Opinions surveys also applies.
I have you understand why Global Test Market review was so positive. Apart from being a definite legitimate survey site, it is one site that I fully recommend as it is well proven and established. I really do not have anything bad to say about. It will definitely help you earn some extra money. If you are interested to register for Global Test Market, please click here.
One more thing, they also have a mobile app version. You can download this from the Apple App store or Google Play store. I have not used it but plan to test it for future review.