I have decided to do kick off my review of a money making survey site with the Valued Opinions review and I want to share my take on it with all of you.
About Valued Opinions
According to their website, Valued Opinions is part of Research Now, supposedly one of the world’s largest online survey company. One of their services to companies is to come up with marketing surveys to find out what every folk like us think and do. We, their freelancers, will provide the answers to these questions. Examples of some topics covered are Social Topics, Entertainment, Home & Family, Travel & Tourism, Shopping & Retail, and Business & Employment. Reasonably diverse.
Who can join?
You must be at least 16 years old and be a resident of the respective country’s website that host the surveys. Yes, seems they have a decentralized system. At the time of writing this blog, to what I am aware of, only residents of the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, India, South Africa, Hong Kong, Ireland, and Thailand can join. You may only open one account but there is no expiry date on the account. Also, they do not require any other requirements on your part to join. Meaning as long as you meet their residency and age requirements, anyone can join.
How do you join?
To join, you merely have to register. It is free of charge. This is an important point which I wish to point out. Stay away from any survey sites that require you to pay to join. It’s crazy if you think about it. We are sacrificing our time and energy to provide answers to their queries and they jolly well be paying us and not the other way around.
The registration method is thus simple and it ought to solely take you about five minutes approximately. All you have to do is to follow 3 straightforward steps.
- Complete the online registration
- Check your email for account activation email
- Activate your account
After this, we come to the slightly more tedious task of completing your profile. You need not do them all at once but I advise you to complete them before you start answering any surveys. A complete profile is important so that they can match you up with relevant surveys. This will benefit you in the long run as it will reduce the chances of you being rejected halfway through your survey. Unfortunately, though that will still happen only much less frequently.
Once you are a member, you will start receiving email invites to complete free marketing research surveys. This is not peculiar to this company as most good survey companies will provide this service. Otherwise, you will be forced to login in every now and then directly to the survey website, and check if you have any incoming surveys. Having a direct central point of contact with your personal email account will save you lots of time. So this is a good point to note both here and with other survey sites that you are considering joining.
How does it work?
Once you’ve joined the community, you’ll shortly begin to receive email notification allowing you to participate in paid online surveys that cater to your profile and earn rewards for every one you complete. Each survey will take between 15 to 30 minutes to complete. This is just an estimate. I do know that they a time limit for you to answer each invite but not so once you have started on them. Also, you cannot save them for later. Hence, you must complete them in one go. Please note here that Valued Opinions only serves up surveys. They do not provide any other money making opportunities.
How does it pay?
You will be rewarded with money for every successfully completed online survey and you’ll keep track of the amount that you have earned on your homepage. For each survey you complete, according to their site, you’ll earn between $0.50 and $5. For actual amounts, please look at a screenshot of my historical data below. The more surveys that you take, the more rewards that you will collect. In next to no time, you would have reached the magic figure of $20 to exchange for wonderful gift certificates to pay for items at a number of your nation’s leading brands and retailers. The good news is that obtaining enough rewards to earn those good gift cards need not be a protracted drawn out method. Please note that they will need to verify your account through the phone (either mobile or landline) before each redemption.
Weaknesses of the survey
I will list below some of the weakness that I feel about this site. Please note that I will omit the norms that are associated with survey sites, namely that you get kicked out after you have started filling in some entries or that you get disqualified before you have even entered into the survey proper.
- They do not pay out in cash. My preferred payment method for such sites have always been PayPal as it is secure and trusted for all of these international sites. Unfortunately, for Valued Opinions, they do not provide such payment option.
- The survey is only open to selected countries. The latest count that I have is that only 11 countries’ residents qualify to register for the survey. I understand that it was formerly open to the citizens of the USA but not so anymore. That is a real bummer.
- There are no guarantees as to how often you will get work. But from my experience, you will definitely get a few monthly. The number of surveys that you will be qualified for is not a lot, estimated at about 3 per month.
For this part of the blog, I urge you to feel free to comment on it. Especially providing your concerns about it or any other issues that you feel with the site so that we can all get a complete picture before taking a plunge. If your views are sufficiently relevant, I will add it to the list.
Strengths of the survey
- The main strength of this survey site is that you will receive regular survey opportunities that you can complete from the comfort of your home. Unfortunate, this is not saying much. In short, you will derive regular income from it. Just do not expect much.
- The amount that I can make per survey is on average about SGD$2. This is quite good and makes up for the small number of surveys received.
Tips and strategies to help you earn
I wish to share with you some tips and strategies to help you earn more from this survey. They are as follows:
- You must regularly check your mail for any notification as there is a time limit as to how long the survey will be available. Also, I believe that there is some quota to the surveys and if you delay you will lose the opportunity to do so. So do every one of the surveys that you received.
- Do not lie. Always tell the truth and be consistent. Through this, you will ensure that you will not face any issue with the site’s administrator.
- Do not create multiple accounts within the same IP address as that is normally a way to get banned. In other words, maintain only one account per household.
- Make sure that you complete your profile before starting to do surveys. Always update your profile whenever there is a change to any of your status. The purpose is to ensure that relevant surveys continue to be sent to you.
- If you cannot complete a survey at that precise time for any reason, I would recommend that you leave your pc on and proceed to do what you need to do and return to the survey later. But do not shut off your pc or exit the browser as that will guarantee that you will miss out on the rewards.
Finally, always be on the lookout for more survey sites. The secret to making regular income is for you to have yourself doing surveys from as many sites as possible so as the ensure that you will have some fixed average numbers every month. This applies to all survey sites.
Valued Opinions is definitely a legit survey site. Whether you join, I will leave it entirely up to you. However, I urge you to at least try it out since it will not harm you in any way and if it is offered in your country of residence. The amount is not a lot but it is a safe and good site to earn a little. Also, it will not take up a lot of your time. You should seriously consider this to provide you with some income before hitting the big time. If you wish to check it out, please click on your respective country of residence to get to their link – UK, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, India, South Africa, Hong Kong, Ireland, and Thailand. However, the links for UK and Australia is down at the time of writing this review.